Your Jesus Connection: Do you know it’s possible to know God personally?
Jesus Connection: Search the Scriptures for Jesus Christ
Not only does the Bible tell us things about God, but we can actually know God
by searching the scriptures in the Bible, and seeking after God with all our hearts. I call this connection with God the Jesus Connection.
- Jeremiah 29:11-13, “For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the Lord, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end. Then shall you call upon me, and ye shall go and pray unto me, and I will hearken unto you, And ye shall seek me, and find me, when you search for me with all your hearts.”
That’s why Jesus said, “Blessed are the pure in heart; for they shall see God. (Matthew 5:8)
And, it is in knowing God and his Son, Jesus Christ, that we may have eternal life.
- John 17:1-3, “These words spake Jesus, and lifted up his eyes to heaven, and said, Father the hour is come; glorify thy Son, that thy Son may also glorify thee. As thou hast given him power over all flesh, that he should give eternal life to as many as thou hast given him. And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom thou hast sent.”
Your Jesus Connection: How can a person have eternal life?
First, the Bible tells us that every person has sinned and is guilty before God.
Your Jesus Connection: You mean that I have sinned against God?
Absolutely, the Bible is quite clear about that.
- Romans 3:23, “For all have sinned and come short of the glory of God.”
Your Jesus Connection: What does sin do to a person?
It causes death and the wrath of God.
- Romans 6:23, For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.
Your Jesus Connection: How can a person have eternal life through Jesus Christ?
Let’s see what Jesus says in the Holy Scriptures.
- Luke 5:32, I came not to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance.
Your Jesus Connection: What is repentance?
First, it is acknowledging our sin before God.
- I John 1:8, “If we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.”
Next, we must hate our sin.
- Proverbs 8:13, “The fear of the Lord is to hate evil: I hate pride arrogancy; and the evil way, and the froward mouth, do I hate.”
Finally, we must confess our sin to God.
- I John 1:9, “If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.”
And, it is in repenting that our heart is prepared to turn away from our own sin and turn to the living God through Jesus Christ. For Jesus is the only way to the Father and eternal life.
Your Jesus Connection: How do I turn to God?
First, we must realize that God is holy and all sin must be punished.
- Romans 1:18, “For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who hold the truth in unrighteousness.”
Second, we must realize that no amount of our own good works can save us from the wages of our sin.
Your Jesus Connection: Then who can be saved?
- Matthew 19:25-26, “When his disciples heard it they were exceedingly amazed saying, Who then can be saved? But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible, but with God all things are possible.
Third, and this is the best part. God knowing that man was helpless to save himself, loved us so much that he sent his Son, Jesus Christ, into the world to save us from our sins.
Your Jesus Connection: God will really forgive all my sins?
- John 3:16, “For God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.”
- Jesus was born of a virgin
- He lived the perfect sinless life.
- He gave his life as the sacrifice for our sins by the shedding of his blood and death on the cross.
- And, he rose again on the third day that we might know him and have eternal life.
The Following list of Verses reveal the above facts:
- Virgin Birth – Matthew 1:18-25; Luke 1:26-80
- Sinless Life – Luke 22:39-42; Hebrews 4:14-18
- Death on the Cross – Luke 23:1-56; Mark 15:1-47; Matthew 27:1-66; John 19:1-42
- Resurrection from the Dead – John 20:24-31; 21:1-25
- Ascention into Heaven – Acts 1:1-11; Hebrew 8:1-13
If you are willing to repent from your sins and confess that Jesus Christ died for your sins and rose from the grave then you can be saved. Our Jesus Connection is our connection with God.
Your Jesus Connection: How can I know these things are true?
Because the Bible, God’s word tells us so.
- Romans 10:9-10, “That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shall believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead thou shalt be saved. For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness, and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.”
- Romans 10:13 “For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.”
Your Jesus Connection: What if I do believe and am willing?
Then simply pray to the Father in Jesus name and ask forgiveness for your sins. And, ask Jesus to dwell in your heart and be Lord over your life.
Father, please forgive all my sin in Jesus name. Amen. Lord Jesus, please come dwell in my heart and be Lord over my life. In Jesus name. Amen.
If you said the above prayer and believe that Jesus died for your sins, and God raised Jesus from the dead then congratulations and welcome to the family of God. You have established your Jesus Connection with God.
Your Jesus Connection: What should I do now?
- Reveal your Jesus Connection by getting baptized in Jesus name. (Matthew 28:20; Acts 10:47)
- Share your Jesus Connection by finding a good Jesus preaching, Bible believing church or fellowship. (Hebrews 10:24-25)
- Grow in your Jesus Connection by listening to God through Bible reading and talking to God through prayer in Jesus name.
- John 8:31-32, “Then said Jesus to those Jews which believed on him. If you continue in my word, then are you my disciples indeed: And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.”
Witness to your family, friends, and neighbors about your Jesus Connection and Jesus’s great salvation. (Matthew 10:32-33)
If you find this site useful, use the studies on this site. Be sure and check everything out with the Bible.
The Bible from beginning to end reveals Jesus Christ as the Son of God and the Savior of the World. It is my purpose to share the love of God through Jesus Christ his Son. Our connection with God is the Jesus Connection. There is no other real connection to God.